Start dates available :
- September 16, 2023
- October 7, 2023
- November 4, 2023
Schedule: Saturday, 9am to 5pm
Location: Swift Industries 558 1st Ave South, 2nd Fl Seattle WA 98104
Class Size: 4 Students
Prerequisites: This class is beginner-friendly, and is an excellent pre-requisite to our Frame Bag Making Workshop.
The musette is a shoulder bag used in bicycle racing to pass off food and water to riders without them having to stop.
Musettes offer a great introduction to sewing with heavy-duty outdoor materials on industrial-grade sewing machines. If you have been eyeing the Frame Bag Making Workshop and want time mastering the foundational skills of sewing outdoor gear, this is an excellent workshop for you.
Our one day sewing class will guide you through the start-to-finish process of building your own shoulder bag. You’ll come away with hands-on experience on
- Selecting and cutting fabric
- How to safely and expertly use industrial sewing machines, and
- The secrets to professionally finishing a bag.
Your finished bag will be hand crafted shoulder bag that can carry an 11″ x 15″ laptop, have an adjustable shoulder strap, minimal chest stabalizer, zip closure, and be decorated with your choice of colors and patches.
Send us an email if you need more info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Instruction
- Hands-on Experience
- All materials for constructing your bag
- Beginner sewing skills - Cutting material, simple stitches, installing zippers, working with webbing and attachment hardware
Gear/Supplies You Should Bring
- BYO Lunch
- Appropriate Clothing - Our space can get rather hot in summer and cold in winter.