See your world differently.
Ditch your daily hustle and break the routine with an incredible four day cycling and Adventure Art trip of the Olympic Peninsula. The ferry ride onto the Bainbridge Island kickstarts a tour of some of our favorite spots on the eastern side of the the Olympic Peninsula in a way that will completely change the way you see your day-to-day. Under the guidance of Anna Brones, you’ll pedal the Peninsula with sketchbooks on hand, pedaling Swift Adventure Co.’s favorite backroads and honing your skills as an adventure Artist. Each evening brings the crew to a different camp exploring the many World War II era bunkers, for delicious open-air meals and good times around a roaring fire to wrap up the day.
Official Trip Info
You don’t need to be a renaissance master to tune-in to your surroundings and see your world completely differently. Being creative is as much about observing as it is about laying pigment to paper. Unlock a kaleidoscope of texture and light, and hone your creative skills as we explore the wilder side of the Jefferson Co & the Olympic Peninsula by bicycle with pen, paper, and paint in hand.
What will you get out of this trip?
- Reconnect with your creative self
- Tap into a creative practice that feels adventurous but that you can also take with you back home
- Dailey prompts and exercises to fuel you creativity, including writing, watercolor, and drawing.
- Explore and awaken your curiosity!
- Expertly crafted field art kit, created by Art Toolkit™ with a few extras from us here at SACo.
- Rugged, compact carrying case
- Mole skin sketch/painting pad
- Water brush w/ refill syringe & Mister
- Waterproof fine pen & pencil
- compact watercolor kit
- 2 x mini binder clip
- eraser & pencil sharpener
Friday 2nd, Meet at Swift HQ load up your gear in the Van and pedal to the ferry landing. After a short, but scenic boat ride, we will get pastries and set off on our creative journey, visit several inspiring spots before reaching camp for the night. approx. 25mi, 1600′ ele.
Saturday 3rd, after a hearty breakfast and packing up camp we hit the road to enjoy more scenic roads that will land us at our basecamp for the next couple nights. With luck we will cap off the night with a pint at Finn River Cidery. approx 23mi, 1900′ ele.
Sunday 4th, Today we head out for a day trip to a historic WWII base turned state park. We will spend the day exploring old bunkers and bluffs surrounded by the Salish Sea. Back at camp we will have one last celebratory dinner. approx. 24mi, 1700′ ele.
Monday 5th, Final day, we will head to the historic boating town of Port Townsend. Our path is largely unpaved rail trail. Once in town we will visit Art Toolkit, historic downtown and with luck get a spacial sketching lesson at the Pour House. At some point we have to head back to Seattle and end our journey. approx. 17mi, 700′ ele.
The trip starts and ends at Swift HQ in Seattle, WA. Coming from out-of-town? Don’t hesitate to contact us about lodging recommendations and travel logistics, we’re happy to help! Travel without the hassle of bike cases and heavy gear. We have premium gear and bicycles for rent, and all Field Experience guests receive special rental rates.
*We can accommodate omnivores, vegetarians, and vegans. Generally gluten-free and low carb diets can also be accommodated. Folx with special diets may be asked to partially supplement their meals & snacks. If you have any questions or concerns about food please contact us ahead of time.
- Expert Art Instruction with Anna Brones
- The ultimate travel art kit
- Cidery Tour and Tasting
- All Camp meals snacks and beverages - excluding Alcoholic ones
- Support and gear wagon
- Transportation to and from Seattle
- Ferry passes
Gear/Supplies You Should Bring
- Camp gear (sleep bag & pad, tent)
- Bicycle (rentals available)
- Helmet (rentals available)
- Personal bowl, mug, and utensils
- Favorite snacks and beverages