Join Swift Industries’ official Swift Campout from Snow Peak’s Portland Flagship Store to Hyla Woods, outside of Timber, Oregon.
We’re pedaling from our Swift Campout pop-up shop at the Snow Peak flagship store to land in a quiet meadow near Timber, Oregon. The forester, Peter Hayes and his family, are the current stewards of Hyla Woods and their relationship to the forest and the histories it has hosted is remarkable. What’s more, the Hayes Family has a wild and beautiful vision for the future of the forest that goes wholey against the grain when it comes to traditional forest management. This will be a really special visit.
Join Swift Industries and Snow Peak USA as we celebrate Swift Campout 2021. We are setting up a stellar camp for our friends and community to gather. Meet us at the Portland Snow Peak Flagship location for a grand depart at 10am on Saturday June 19th, 2021.
1 in stockMore Details
Join Swift Industries and Snow Peak USA as we kick off summer, Swift Campout and emerging from a year + long global pandemic with a fun ride in Forest Park in NW Portland.
Join us on a chill but steady ride from Snow Peak HQ to Hyla Woods near Vernonia, OR.
Hyla Woods is lovely forest owned and opperated by family dedicated to sustainable forestry practices. In the evening Peter Hayes, the current Steward of Hyla Woods, will join our camp Takibi to share the unique stories of Hyla and how they are managing the forest toward sustainability. You’re invited on a very special forest-walk to see the forest through Peter’s eyes.
Space is limited, please register. If spots are full, check out the “Meet at Camp” option here.
Here what you need to know:
- Meet at Snow Peak HQ, 404 NW 23rd, Portland, OR 97210
- Ride lead by Swift Industries Crew
- 90ish miles round trip
- Snow Peak is providing camp vides including:
- Camp Chairs
- Evening beverages
- Morning Coffee and Pasteries. No need to bring your coffee kit, just your favorite mug.
- Fresh drinking water. No potable water onsite. However there is a clean creek to filter from.
- Bring your:
- Camping gear
- Meals and snacks
- We will stop in Banks at the grocery store for last-minute items.
- You can join us for the return route on Sunday or choose your own adventure.
Meet between 9am and 9:30am
9:30am Introductions and adventure-orientation
10:00am Grand Depart
- Goods times with friends
- Led ride to Hyla Woods
- Primo campsite
- Snow Peak Takibi Time: Campfires, camp chairs.
- Evening beverages
- Morning coffee: no need to bring you coffee kit
- Morning pastries and small-eats
- Fresh drinking water
Gear/Supplies You Should Bring
- Good vibes
- Bicycle & helment
- Mug for drinking from
- Personal camp kit: Shelter, clothes, sleeping bag
- Food and snacks for lunch, dinner and snacking both days