Build your own wheel set with master wheel smith, Jason Goods. This class will teach the principles of wheel physics/mechanics, the anatomy of a wheel, and the essential skills to build the perfect wheel.
4 in stockMore Details
Official Workshop Info
Build your own wheel set with master wheel smith, Jason Goods. This two day workshop will teach the principles of wheel physics/mechanics, the anatomy of a wheel, and the essential skills to build the perfect wheel:
- How to calculate spokes
- Proper lacing
Wheel Building workshops are limited to four participants, this provides focused teaching and hands-on support.
In addition to the weekend workshop, you will schedule a private consultation prior to the workshop. We will help you select and purchase your wheel components (10% off parts purchased through Swift). Whether you’re looking for lightweight road wheels, a generator hub front wheel complete with integrated lighting, or a real sturdy set of rollers for your commute, you’re in amazing hands. Jason will guide you through the process of making a perfect set of wheels.
- We will build 32 hole wheels or wheels sets
This course is designed to fit into two sessions. For those who don’t complete their wheels, additional supervised build time may be scheduled, as needed, for $60 an hour. This surcharge applies for individuals who miss a session and want to make-up their session.
For private workshop bookings (minimum groups of three participants), please contact email@example.com
Price: $285 + 10% off parts purchased through Swift.
- $350 if providing your own components. Components need to be evaluated prior to registration, please contact us if you would like to use your own gear, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Masks Required, bring your own. No refunds if you forget.
- IRL physically distanced instruction
- Plenty of hand-sani and disinfectant
- Individual common tools. Limited specialty tool sharing.
- Gloves available.
- BOYL, lunch not provided, bring your own.
- Sparkly waters available.
- Professional Wheel Building Instruction
- Private Wheel Components Consultation
- 10 hours of class time
- Refreshments Provided
Gear/Supplies You Should Bring
- Pencil and paper for notes
- Wheel parts are not included in the price of the workshop
- Discounts available for part purchased through SACo
- Bring your of lunch and snacks